Did you try updating to macOS High Sierra? If you did, you might have found a small 19mb online installer named “Install macOS High Sierra.app” inside your /Applications folder. Now I hate the online installers, especially when the real files is around 5GB. If you have a slow internet connection, then it can be frustrating. And with this installer, you cannot create an offline bootable USB to install macOS High Sierra to install in other machines quickly. So this post is about “How to Download Full High Sierra Installer to Create Bootable USB?”.
Go to parent directory. MacOSHighSierra.iso ( View Contents) 12-Mar-2021 15:26. 14-Mar-2021 22:47.
I have 2 early 2011 MacBook pros. One has High Sierra ver. 10.13.6; the other has Sierra ver. I want to set both machines up identically by upgrading the OS Sierra to OS High Sierra. Where can I download High Sierra ver. I find updates for it such as 10.13.2 thru 6 on the Apple Support downloads site; but not the original OS. Mac OS High Sierra 10.13 ISO / DMG file Direct Download. The principal variant of Mac OS X was Mac OS X High Sierra 10.13. Macintosh OS X Server 1.0 – 1.2v3 depended on Rhapsody, a half and half of OPENSTEP from NeXT Computer and Mac OS 8.5.1. The GUI resembled a blend of Mac OS 8's Platinum appearance with OPENSTEP's NeXT-based interface.
Apple Os High Sierra Download Free
- 2 Clean Install macOS High Sierra using a Bootable USB
How to Download Full High Sierra Installer?
You can quickly get the full 5GB macOS Sierra Installer. Just follow the steps given below. Here we will be using a third party application named High Sierra patcher application.
- First click on this link and download the High Sierra patcher application.
- The above link will give you a file named macOS High Sierra Patcher.dmg.
- Simply open this file and you will see a new window.
- Now again open the icon named macOS High Sierra Patcher inside the window.
- It will again open the macOS High Sierra Patcher. Here just go to Tools->Download macOS High Sierra… as shown in the below image.
Download Full High Sierra Installer
- It will ask you to select a location to save the macOS Sierra Installer. Select the location and it will start downloading. The file size is more than 5GB is it may take a long time depending on your internet speed.
Clean Install macOS High Sierra using a Bootable USB
Sometimes we need a clean installation of our operating system. But doing it the Apple’s way that is online can frustrate us like hell.
So what you can do is you can download a full installer, and then you can create a bootable USB.
We know how to get a full installer, and now you might be interested in knowing how to create a bootable USB right?
Creating a bootable USB is again very simple, just follow the below steps.
The Extremely Easy Way
We have a simple utility called Install Disk Creator. It is absolutely free and you can quickly create bootable USB by using it.
- Get the Install Disk Creator.
- Once you get the Install Disk Creator, just open it, and you will see the window as shown in the below image. Here you need to select the Installer file that we already downloaded. After choosing the Installer just click on Create Installer and it will do the task for you.
Apple Os High Sierra Download For Mac
- Make sure you use a USB Drive of size of atleast 12GB.
The Easy Way
- Open terminal (command + space, write terminal and hit enter).
- Now write the following command.
- Don’t forget changing path to installer with your installer path that you downloaded and USB Volume Name with the name of the USB Drive that you are using.
So I hope you got the answer that How to Download Full High Sierra Installer to Create Bootable USB? For any queries and questions just leave your comments. And also SHARE this post if you found it useful. Thank You 🙂
The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.
With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Other may not work
Make a Time Machine Backup Before attempting.
- OS X 10.8 or later
- 2GB of memory
- 14.3GB of available storage to perform upgrade*
- Some features require an Apple ID; terms apply.
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
Mac Hardware Requirements
For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:
- MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
- Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
- Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
May 18, 2021 3:46 AM
Comments are closed.