I have the same thing, but I also noticed that Hyper-V has to be enabled. As in, if your copy of Windows 10 has Hyper-V, you can install it by simply enabling it because it’s already there. On Windows 10 Home, though, there is no Hyper-V to enable. I also have Windows 10 Home. The only option for Home edition users is to use Docker.
- Using Docker for Windows with Hyper-V enabled. Equally slow on Windows and Linux Containers. Reset to default and failed to achieve any difference. Equally slow with cmd, powershell, and git bash terminals. Settings for Docker increased to 10GB memory and 4 CPU cores with no improvement. Already up to date, so updating won't help.
- The Docker Desktop menu allows you to open the Docker Dashboard, run the Quick Start Guide, configure your Docker settings such as installation, updates, version channels, Docker Hub login, and more. This section explains the configuration options accessible from the Settings dialog.
- Uninstall Docker Desktop Tool. Suppose you want to uninstall Docker Desktop from your Windows Home machine, follow the steps mentioned below: Go to the Windows Start menu, choose Settings Apps Apps & features.
Docker For Windows 10 Home Edition 64
Mar 05, 2020 Docker Desktop for WSL 2 Windows Home is a full version of Docker Desktop for Linux container development. It comes with the same feature set as our existing Docker Desktop WSL 2 backend. This gives you: Networking stack, support for http proxy settings, and trusted CA synchronization. In other words, rather then reutilising the Hyper-V virtual machine created by WSL 2, Docker for Windows creates a brand new virtual machine. Unfortunately, not all Windows versions ship with Hyper-V. Hyper-V is unavailable on Windows 10 Home, but ships with the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions.
Docker No Windows Home Page
- Command: Install-Package -Name Docker -Source DockerDefault. Now we have Docker EE version 19.03.5 installed for Windows Server 2019. It’s ready for Windows Containers. But we want to run linux containers, Now that we have Docker installed, we need to make some changes to the default configuration to enable support for Linux Containers.
- Default: Use the default isolation mode configured for the Docker host, as configured by the -exec-opt flag or exec-opts array in daemon.json. If the daemon does not specify an isolation technology, process is the default for Windows Server, and hyperv is the default (and only) choice for Windows 10.
- Docker Community Edition 17.09.0-ce-win33 2017-10-06. Bug fixes Fix Docker For Windows unable to start in some cases: removed use of libgmp sometimes causing the vpnkit process to die. Docker Community Edition 17.09.0-ce-win32 2017-10-02. Upgrades Docker 17.09.0-ce; Docker Compose 1.16.1; Docker Machine 0.12.2.
Windows Home Replacement
You can change Docker’s storage base directory (where container and images go) using the
-g option when starting the Docker daemon.
Ubuntu/Debian: edit your
/etc/default/dockerfile with the -g option:
DOCKER_OPTS='-dns 184.108.40.206 -dns 220.127.116.11 -g /mnt'
/etc/sysconfig/docker, and add the -g option in the other_args variable: ex.
other_args='-g /var/lib/testdir'. If there’s more than one option, make sure you enclose them in ' '. After a restart, (service docker restart) Docker should use the new directory.
Using a symlink is another method to change image storage.
Docker No Windows Home Download
Caution - These steps depend on your current /var/lib/docker being an actual directory (not a symlink to another location).
Docker For Windows 10 Home Edition Free
Docker No Windows Home Edition
Can Docker Run On Windows 10 Home
- Stop docker:
service docker stop. Verify no docker process is running
- Double check docker really isn’t running. Take a look at the current docker directory:
2b) Make a backup -
tar -zcC /var/lib docker > /mnt/pd0/var_lib_docker-backup-$(date +%s).tar.gz
- Move the
/var/lib/dockerdirectory to your new partition:
mv /var/lib/docker /mnt/pd0/docker
- Make a symlink:
ln -s /mnt/pd0/docker /var/lib/docker
- Take a peek at the directory structure to make sure it looks like it did before the mv:
ls /var/lib/docker/(note the trailing slash to resolve the symlink)
- Start docker back up
service docker start
- restart your containers
Comments are closed.