To get the latest features and maintain the security, stability, compatibility, and performance of your Mac, it's important to keep your software up to date. Apple recommends that you always use the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Learn how to upgrade to macOS Big Sur, the latest version of macOS.
Step 1: Restart your Mac and hold the Option key down when you hear the startup chime. Step 2: Select Install macOS Mojave in the list you see on your screen. You may need to use the arrow keys and the Enter button if you can't use the mouse. Step 3: When the Utility window appears, select Disk Utility. If it’s a white MacBook you can hack Mountain Lion and maybe even later with the OS X Hackers tools (which I’ve never used.) If it’s an aluminum 2008 MacBook, it is compatible with the Mojave patcher.
Navigate to Apple's support site and download the Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.5. Move the downloaded MacProEFIUpdate.dmg to your Desktop. Double-click the MacProEFIUpdate.dmg and leave the package open on the desktop. Do not double click the.pkg file. Double-click the Mac Pro 2009-2010 Firmware Tool. I am trying to upgrade from High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mojave on a Mac Pro 2010 5,1 machine. The installed graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780. According to the system information below, it supports 'Metal'. However, when I try to install Mojave, it requests me to install the firmware upgrade. I have tried a number of times following the. MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later iMac introduced in 2012 or later iMac Pro (all models) Mac Pro introduced in 2013, plus mid-2010 or mid-2012 models with a recommended Metal-capable graphics card. To find your Mac model, memory, storage space, and macOS version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu.
The version of macOS that came with your Mac is the earliest version it can use. For example, if your Mac came with macOS Big Sur, it will not accept installation of macOS Catalina or earlier.
If a macOS can't be used on your Mac, the App Store or installer will let you know. For example, it might say that it's not compatible with this device or is too old to be opened on this version of macOS. To confirm compatibility before downloading, check the minimum hardware requirements:
- macOS Catalina 10.15 hardware requirements
- macOS Mojave 10.14 hardware requirements
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 hardware requirements
- macOS Sierra 10.12 hardware requirements
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 hardware requirements
- OS X Yosemite 10.10 hardware requirements
Download macOS using Safari on your Mac
Safari uses these links to find the old installers in the App Store. After downloading from the App Store, the installer opens automatically.
- macOS Catalina 10.15 can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
- macOS Mojave 10.14 can upgrade High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
Safari downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the .pkg installer inside the disk image. It installs an app named Install [Version Name]. Open that app from your Applications folder to begin installing the operating system.
Mac Pro 5.1 For Sale
Install Mojave On Mac Pro 5 1 Back Ports
- macOS Sierra 10.12 can upgrade El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 can upgrade Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
- OS X Yosemite 10.10can upgrade Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
Comments are closed.