- From the Apple menu in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences.
- Click Software Update.
- Click Update Now or Upgrade Now:
- Update Now installs the latest updates for the currently installed version. Learn about macOS Big Sur updates, for example.
- Upgrade Now installs a major new version with a new name, such as macOS Big Sur. Learn about the latest macOS upgrade, or about old versions of macOS that are still available.
AirDrop to iOS and iPadOS devices requires an iPhone or iPad with a Lightning connector or with USB-C and iOS 7 or later. AirPlay Peer-to-peer AirPlay requires a Mac (2012 or later) and an Apple TV (3rd generation rev A, model A1469 or later) with Apple TV software 7.0 or later. Click on the Apple icon and open App Store on your system. In App Store, the macOS Catalina update will show up. Select the update to download it. Follow the on-screen steps and install macOS Catalina on your system. So these are the two easy methods to install macOS Catalina on Mac, MacBook, or iMac. Sep 21, 2021 What is Apple iOS for Mac. IOS 14 brings a fresh look to the things you do most often, making them easier than ever. New features help you get what you need in the moment. And the apps you use all the time become even more intelligent, more personal, and more private.
If you're having difficulty finding or installing updates:
How To Install New Ios On Macbook
- If Software Update says that your Mac is up to date, then macOS and all of the apps it installs are up to date, including Safari, Messages, Mail, Music, Photos, FaceTime, Calendar, and Books.
- If you want to update apps downloaded from the App Store, use the App Store to get updates.
- If you want to update your iOS device, learn how to update iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- If your Mac doesn't include Software Update, use the App Store to get updates.
- If an error occurred while installing an update or upgrade, learn how to resolve installation issues.
macOS Big Sur elevates the most advanced desktop operating system in the world to a new level of power and beauty. Experience Mac to the fullest with a refined new design. Enjoy the biggest Safari update ever. Discover new features for Maps and Messages. And get even more transparency around your privacy.
macOS Big Sur is compatible with the following computers. If your Mac isn't compatible, you might be able to install an old version of macOS instead.
MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later
Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later
iMac introduced in 2014 or later
Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
View the complete list of compatible computers.
If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, your Mac needs 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, your Mac needs up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.
Download macOS Big Sur
If you're using macOS Mojave or later, get macOS Big Sur via Software Update: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
How To Install New Ios On Mac
Or use this link to open the macOS Big Sur page on the App Store: Get macOS Big Sur. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.
How To Install New Os On Mac
Install macOS Big Sur
After downloading, the installer opens automatically. Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. During installation, it might restart and show a progress bar or blank screen several times. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Install Latest Ios On Mac
Stay up to date
Installing New Ios On Macbook Pro
After installing macOS Big Sur, you will be notified when updates to macOS Big Sur are available. To check for updates, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Comments are closed.