There are a few things to keep in mind and check: When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. If you delete or change your email account settings, previously downloaded emails might be removed from your device. Yes, when you see this message it means that the email exists on the server but for some reason is not downloading to your device. The easiest way to see the information contained in that email is to view your email using a browser like Safari and then checking your email via the email’s site rather than using the Mail app (or the email. From the drop-down menu, select Account Settings. Then click on the Email option. Outlook will display all your email account. Select the one from which you need to download all the emails to Outlook from the server. Next click on the Change button to bring about the Change Account dialog box. To stop iPhone downloading old or deleted emails, you can also create a new folder and move those old emails to this new folder. Log in to your email account, mail server or self-hosted emails using a desktop browser. Create a new folder on each and move all old emails including those you've already read in the new folder.
Nowadays, mostly business owners use Exchange server to sync Outlook contacts with their smartphones. Out of which, iPhone is just a device that allows a user to make calls, take pictures and easily access the internet. However, with growing technology, there are lots of glitches that arise and make it very difficult when it comes to users using any device. One of the most common issues is Exchange contacts not syncing with the iPhone.
You also need to configure other cellular settings. Resetting your network settings does not erase any of your media contents like photos and videos. Factory Reset The iPhone. Let’s say resetting the network did not resolve the iPhone mail connection to server failed issue. The last option you can do is to perform a factory reset.
If users have an iCloud account, then it becomes easy to sync personal data between different devices including iPhone, iPad and Mac OS but frequently problems when it fails to sync contacts with iPhone. Therefore, in the upcoming section, we are going to discuss different ways that will help to resolve “Exchange contacts not syncing with iPhone”.
There are following reasons along with solutions due to which users need to fix “Exchange contacts not syncing with iPhone. Let us have a look:
Account Configuration Issue
Mostly Account Configuration become the synchronization issues of contacts. At times, users try to configure Exchange account but due to some network issues or not following the proper steps of account creation, an unable user to sync contacts with their iPhone. Thus, to overcome this problem, users need to perform this workaround:
Step 1: Add Exchange account to iPhone’s Mail app
- First of all, you must have to open iPhone’s Settings.
- Then, scroll down and Choose Mail option.
- Click on Accounts, which is available at the top of “Mail” page.
- Now, select Add Account. With this option, every account is synchronized with your iPhone’s Mail app.
- Tap MS Exchange that will open the “Exchange” form to fill out.
- Next, enter all the Exchange account details including, id, password, and description.
- Press Next button. Enter the Exchange server account details, i.e., Domain, Username, Password.
- In the last step, you can enable or disable components of MS Exchange. Even you can synchronize these options like email, contacts, calendars, etc.
If the above steps are followed properly regarding account creation, then Exchange contacts easily syncing with iPhone X 11/10/8 /7, or any other versions.
Step 2: Access Microsoft Exchange on iPhone device
- Firstly, you have to Open Mail and go to the “Exchange” section. Its specific location on the “Mailboxes” page might vary depending on other email accounts that you have synchronized.
- Then, choose the Inbox folder. It comes below to the “Exchange” heading. Doing so will only bring you to the Exchange inbox, where anything you have synchronized that would be listed.
Synchronization Problems Occur in Outlook
This is a very common issue when Microsoft Exchange cannot move all contacts to iPhone ios 7 / 10 /11 easily. It usually happens when users have thousands of contacts in Outlook. Due to a large amount of data standard syncing method fails when switching to iPhone. Follow below steps to sync all entries from Outlook with iPhone:
- First, you can enable syncing single type of data at once like contacts, calendars, tasks.
- If the application that you are using to host Outlook file get fail to work with Exchange server, move to the default and try this again.
Helpful Post: Fix Exchange Contacts Not Syncing with Android
MS Exchange Contacts Not Syncing With iPhone 10/8/7
Another issue with iPhone and Exchange server is when contacts are disappearing from the iPhone. In rare cases, users can sync email and calendar, but not contacts on iPhone. First users must check all contacts are actually available on Exchange server. Go through the following approach:
- Go to Settings option and then, choose contacts. After that, click on Exchange
- Now, turn on the contacts on and return back to the homepage.
- Select Contacts and, then choose Groups
- Next, choose all Exchange, contacts and then, click on Suggested Contacts.
These above steps ensure that Exchange mail account is enabled for showing on your iPhone, which can fix the issue.
iCloud is set up perfectly but contacts not syncing automatically
Sometimes, users have iCloud setup correctly but contacts still cannot sync thus it can be an issue of having the up to date iOS. In that case, you should check all updates be going through these steps:
- First, click on Settings and then the General tab
- After that, choose the Software update.
- Keep in mind sure that your iPhone device is running the latest iOS.
Repeat or Duplicate Contacts After Syncing
In order to remove some duplicate and repeat contacts from your smartphone, you have two different options. Some of them are listed below:
- The first option is, go through that phone manually and erase duplicate items.
- Another one is, if you are using Mac platform, then you can open Contacts app and choose Card >> Look for duplicates. Now, this app will find all duplicate items in your list automatically.
Can not Remove contacts across multiple devices
Unfortunately, to remove all your contacts across several devices you should go and erase them in each one separately. Well, you have to follow below workarounds:
- For your iPhone, navigate to the Settings
- Now, choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars and then iCloud
- After that, turn off the Contacts button and select an option Delete from my iPhone
Helpful Post: Import CSV Contacts to iPhone Without iTunes
People are now so dependent on their smartphones that every little information is stored in it. The address book of one user saves multiple contact details in an organized way. Sometimes, users may need to sync their Exchange contacts with iPhone for safety purposes. Thus, in this write-up, we have discussed all possible reasons along with solutions to fix “Exchange contacts not syncing with iPhone” issue. Make sure you follow each manual step very carefully without any hassle.
Before you begin
There are a few things to keep in mind and check:
- When you make an iOS or iPadOS backup in iCloud or iTunes, it backs up your mail settings, but not your email. If you delete or change your email account settings, previously downloaded emails might be removed from your device.
- Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet.
- Check with your email service provider to find out if there's a service outage.
- If you can't access your email, or you can't send and receive messages with your @icloud.com email address, learn what to do.
Check your email address and password
If the Mail apps asks you to enter a password for your email account, make sure that your password is correct. To check your email address and password, sign in to your email provider's website.
If you still get a username or password error, contact the email provider or system administrator.
Check Mail Fetch and Notification settings
By default, Fetch New Data settings are based on what's provided by your email service. If Push isn't available as a setting, your account will default to Fetch. These settings affect how your device receives email. To adjust these settings:
- Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
- Tap Fetch New Data.
- Choose a setting — like Automatically or Manually — or choose a schedule for how often the Mail app fetches data.
With iOS 11 and later, and iPadOS, Automatically is set by default. Your device will fetch new data in the background only when your device is charging and connected to Wi-Fi.
Iphone Mail Not Deleting From Server
Make sure that your Notification settings are correct for the Mail app:
- Go to Settings, then tap Notifications.
- Tap Mail, then tap an email account.
- Adjust your Alerts, Sounds, and Badges.
Contact your email provider or system administrator
- Contact your email provider or check their status webpage to see if there's a service outage.
- Ask your email provider or system administrator if you turned on any security features or restrictions, like two-step verification, for your email account. You might need a special password or may need to request authorization from your email provider to send and receive email on your device.
- Check your email account settings with your email provider or system administrator to make sure that they're correct.
Remove your email account and set it up again
- On your computer, sign in to your email provider’s website. Make sure that all of your email is there or make sure that your email is saved somewhere other than your device.
- On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
- Tap the email account that you want to remove.
- Tap Delete Account.
- Add your account again.
Iphone Mail Not Downloading From Server Yahoo
If these steps don't work, contact your email service provider for more information.
Comments are closed.